Sports

Buggy Rolls Report 10/1-10/2

Buggy is a Carnegie Mellon tradition which has existed since 1920. The sport, which is practiced throughout the academic year, culminates in an annual series of relay races held on each year’s Raceday during Spring Carnival, in which teams vie for the title of “Champion.” The Buggy Rolls Report column reports on the buggies and roll counts for all of the teams which attend the freeroll practices (“rolls”) each weekend organized by the Carnegie Mellon Sweepstakes Committee. All of the information reported in the column is provided by the Carnegie Mellon Sweepstakes Committee.

Due to inclement weather, likely resulting from the fringes of Hurricane Ian, rolls were cancelled for both Saturday and Sunday.

So, this week, we will have a brief recap of total roll counts so far this Fall semester. A total of seven teams have rolled on the course thus far. In what would have been last weekend's roll order, they are: Apex, SigEp (Sigma Phi Epsilon), SDC (The Carnegie Mellon Student Dormitory Council), SPIRIT, PiKA (Pi Kappa Alpha), Fringe, and CIA (The Carnegie Involvement Association).

Apex has tallied a total of 12 rolls for Molotov, split seven and five between two drivers, 10 rolls for Phoenix, split three and seven between two drivers, three rolls for Firefly, and seven rolls for Solaris.

SigEp has tallied a total of eight rolls for Barracuda.

SDC has tallied a total of two rolls for Vanity, three rolls for Avarice, and twelve rolls for Inferno.

SPIRIT has tallied a total of 12 rolls for Kingpin II, 13 rolls for Seraph, split six and seven between two drivers, nine rolls for Inviscid, and two rolls for Mapambazuko.

PiKA has tallied a total of 11 rolls for Banshee and 11 rolls for Raptor, split two, one, and eight, between three drivers.

Fringe has tallied a total of 10 rolls for Burnout and nine rolls for Blind Faith, split three and six between two drivers.

CIA has tallied a total of 10 rolls for Roadrunner, two rolls for Tempest, nine rolls for Emperor, 13 rolls for Kingfisher, and six rolls for Equinox.