CMU Crime & Incident Report: 11/13 - 11/19

Theft of Scooter
Several Carnegie Mellon students advised University Police that their scooters had been stolen from TCS, Welch House, Newell Simon, and the Tepper Quad. An investigation is ongoing.

Phone Scam
Several Carnegie Mellon students advised University Police that they were contacted by unknown persons who stated they were Chinese officials or members of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The unknown person stated there was an issue with the student’s passport and they would be deported unless they provided the person with money.

Theft of Laptop
A Carnegie Mellon staff member advised University Police that a laptop was stolen from a university property on Craig Street. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Male
University Police responded for a male sleeping in the lobby of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Hall. The male was found to be a non-affiliate and had no legitimate purpose on campus. The male was removed from campus and issued a defiant trespass warning.

Suspicious Package
University Police responded to the Cohon University Center for a suspicious package. The Cohon University Center was evacuated, and it was determined that the package was part of a student’s project.

Fire
University Police responded to Porter Hall for a small fire which was caused by a laser cutter. The fire was extinguished and there were no injuries or property damage.

Alcohol Amnesty
University Police responded to Mudge House for an intoxicated student. The student was provided medical attention and no citations were issued due to alcohol amnesty.