CMU Crime & Incident Report: 4/9 - 4/15

Saturday, April 9

Alcohol Amnesty
University Police responded to Roselawn Terrace and Morewood E-Tower for intoxicated students. A Carnegie Mellon student and Pitt student were provided with medical attention and no citations were issued due to alcohol amnesty.

Sunday, April 10

Telephone Scam
A Carnegie Mellon Student advised University Police that they were the victim of a telephone scam which involved an unknown person who claimed to be a police officer from China. The unknown person obtained the student’s personal information. An investigation is ongoing.

Property Damage by Vehicle
University Police responded to the Greek Quad for a Carnegie Mellon student who struck a Carnegie Mellon Parking vehicle with a U-Haul. No citations were issued and this incident was turned over to student affairs.

Alcohol Amnesty
A University Police responded to Cohon University Center for intoxicated student. A Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention and no citations were issued due to alcohol amnesty.

Noise Complaint
University Police responded to Shady Oak for a loud party. Two hosts were found to be Carnegie Mellon students who ended the party. No citations were issued and this incident was referred to Student Affairs.

Hit and Run
University Police responded to the Greek Quad for a vehicle which was struck. A Carnegie Mellon student advised University Police that an unknown person damaged the driver side of her vehicle and fled the scene. An investigation is ongoing.